PCIe Multifunction I/O Board
The 79G5 is NAI's rugged single-slot, half-size PCIe multifunction I/O and communications board engineered for demanding aerospace, defense, and industrial applications. This board is ideally suited for high channel density and combined Multifunction I/O requirement systems. It can accommodate up to three NAI Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) smart function modules. By configuring the 79G5 with these modules, engineers can adapt the board's functionality to meet their unique needs, accelerating deployment for digital and analog I/O, position control, measurement/simulation, and communication interface applications.
- Supports up to 3 independent, smart function modules
- Front panel high density rugged Micro-D I/O receptacle connector
- Independent internal x1 SerDes interface to each function module slot
- Continuous Background Built-In-Test (BIT) supported I/O modules
- PCIe 2.0 (x1), (up to 5 GT/s)
- Single slot, full height, half-size PCIe;
- 4.2" (107 mm) H x 6.6" (175 mm) L (env.)
- Low power dissipation (< 3.5 W (typ.) for motherboard) plus module power
- Maintenance/Console interface includes: 1x Gig-E, 1x RS-232 and 1x USB (pending):
- Dedicated Mini-HDMI Type-C receptacle
- COSA® architecture
The 79G5 includes SSKs to support multiple operating systems. In addition, SSKs are supplied with source code and board-specific library I/O APIs to facilitate system integration.
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest package density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Choose the ideal platform for your application below. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Sensor Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center