3U OpenVPX Sensor Interface Unit - SIU36
Configure with up to 18 I/O and Communication Function Modules
The SIU36 is a highly configurable rugged system or subsystem ideally suited to support a multitude of Mil-Aero applications that require high-density I/O, communications, Ethernet switching and processing. The SIU36 leverages NAI’s 3U boards to deliver off-the-shelf solutions that accelerate deployment of SWaP-optimized systems in air, land and sea applications.
Versatile & Scalable Rugged Architecture for Demanding Embedded System Applications Including: Data Acquisition (DAQ), Fire Control & Targeting System (FCTS), Remote Data Concentrator (RDC), Vehicle Management System (VMS) Data Concentrator Unit (DCU), Remote Interface Unit (RIU), Health and Usage Monitoring System (HUMS), Aircraft Interface Unit (AIU)
- 6x 3U OpenVPX™ Card Slots, Supports up to 18 from 100+ smart function modules
- Local or External SBC Host I/F capable
- Processor Options: Freescale PowerPC™ QorIQ® T2080, Intel® Core™ i7 or ARM® Cortex® -A9 & -A53
- SBC-less remote interface supported via Ethernet connection to your mission computer
- Configurable I/O Communications and Processing
- COTS/NDI Sense & Response system
- Reduced SWaP Footprint
- Conduction Cooled (CC) or Convection/Air Cooled (AC) Versions
- COSA® Architecture Supports MOSA, OSA, SOSA™ and the FACE™ technical standards
- Wind River VxWorks®, Xilinx PetaLinux, Microsoft Windows® and DDC-I Deos® OS support
- Continuous Background Built-In-Test (BIT) (board/function supported as applicable)
- Operating Temp:: -40ᵒ C to +71ᵒ C @ thermal interface, conduction cooled; Air/convection-cooled version
- Environmental/EMI: MIL-STD-461*, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-1275 & MIL-STD-704
- Conduction Cooled Dimensions: 9” x 9” x 5.1”
- Convection/Air Cooled Dimensions: 9” x 9” x 6.4” (Includes bottom mounting flanges but does not include connectors)
- Conduction Cooled Weight: ~11.7 lbs.
- Convection/Air Cooled Weight: ~12.7 lbs.
- Additional Weights: + ~2.2 lbs. for PSU + ~1.35 lbs. each additional fully populated board
- Input: 28 VDC input
- Power is configuration dependent: 50 W typ. (up to 150 W capable) 50 ms (min.) PSU hold-up option
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
High Density I/O Boards
Just How Configurable Are NAI's COTS Systems?
Need more or less configurations than the SIU36? Choose from NAI's standard COTS configurable systems that you can populate with pre-integrated boards, smart function modules, power supplies and software libraries of your choice.
(w x h x d)
Weight / lbs.
|Board Slots||Board Formats|
|NIU1A||6.8” x 1.5” x 2.5”||< 1.2||1||N/A||Integrated System|
|NIU2A||7.0” x 3.0” x 2.5”||< 2.75||2||N/A||Integrated System|
|NIU3A||7.23" x 5.51" x 3.18"||< 5.9||3||N/A||Integrated System|
|NIU3E||7.2" x 6.6" x 3.0"||< 6||1||N/A||Integrated System|
|SIU31||4.71” x 2.35” x 8.71”||< 5||3||1||cPCI|
|9.4” x 5.7” x 3.9”||< 11||6||2||OpenVPX|
|SIU33||4.71” x 4.78” x 8.71”||< 10||9||3||cPCI|
|SIU33V||4.71” x 4.78” x 8.71”||< 10||9||3||OpenVPX|
|SIU34||9.4” x 5.7” x 5.9”||< 16||12||4||OpenVPX|
|SIU35||7.13” x 4.76” x 8.71”||< 15||15||5||cPCI, OpenVPX|
|SIU36||7.13“ x 4.71“ x 8.91“||< 23||18||6||OpenVPX|
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center