3U OpenVPX™ Sensor Interface Unit
Configure with up to nine I/O and communication function modules—
Over 100 different modules to choose from
NAI’s SIU33V is a highly configurable Rugged COTS System or subsystem ideally suited for rugged military, industrial, and commercial applications that require high-density I/O, communications, Ethernet switching, and processing. The SIU33V uses up three NAI field-proven, 3U OpenVPX™ boards to deliver off-the-shelf, SWaP-optimized COTS solutions that Accelerate Your-Time-to-Mission™.
- 3 x 3U OpenVPX™ slots – for installation of up to 9 I/O and communication function modules
- 100+ modules to choose from
- SBC-less, stand-alone operation supported via Ethernet connection to mission computer
- Processor options: NXP PowerPC™ QorIQ® P2041, Intel® Core™ i7, and ARM® Cortex®-A9
- MIL-STD-461F, MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275, & MIL-STD-704A
- +28 VDC input
- 4.78" W x 4.71" H x 8.71" D
- Customer-configurable I/O, communications, and processing
- Fast Boot capability
- Reduced SWaP-C
- Sense & Response System
- Wind River® Linux and VxWorks®, Xilinx® PetaLinux, and Windows® Embedded Standard 7 OS support
- COSA® architecture
- VICTORY Interface Services (contact factory)
- Continuous Background Built-In-Test (BIT)
- Operating temperature: -40° C to +71° C conduction-cooled (air-cooled option)
The SIU33V includes SSKs to support multiple operating systems. In addition, SSKs are supplied with source code and board-specific library I/O APIs to facilitate system integration.
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest package density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Choose the ideal platform for your application below. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
High Density I/O Boards
Just How Configurable Are NAI's COTS Systems?
Need more or less configurations than the SIU33V? Choose from NAI's standard COTS configurable systems that you can populate with pre-integrated boards, smart function modules, power supplies and software libraries of your choice.
(w x h x d)
Weight / lbs.
|Board Slots||Board Formats|
|NIU1A||6.8" x 1.6" x 2.5"||< 1.2||1||N/A||Integrated System|
|NIU2A||7.2" x 2.7" x 3.0"||< 2.7||2||N/A||Integrated System|
|NIU3A||7.2" x 3.2" x 5.5"||< 5.4||3||N/A||Integrated System|
|NIU3E||7.2" x 3.2" x 7.1"||< 7.7||1||N/A||Integrated System|
|SIU31||4.7"x 2.4" x 8.8"||< 5.9||3||1||cPCI|
|5.9" x 4.5" x 9.5"||< 10.9||6||2||OpenVPX|
|SIU33||4.7" x 4.8" x 8.8"||< 10.6||9||3||cPCI|
|SIU33V||4.7" x 4.8" x 8.8"||< 10.6||9||3||OpenVPX|
|SIU34||5.7" x 5.8" x 9.4"||< 15.1||12||4||OpenVPX|
|SIU35||7.2" x 4.8" x 8.7"||< 16.0||15||5||cPCI, OpenVPX|
|SIU36||Conduction Cooled: 9.0" x 5.0" x 9.5"
Convetion/Air Cooled: 9.0" x 6.4" x 9.5"
|Conduction Cooled: < 21.3
Convection/Air Cooled: < 22.5
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center