3U cPCI Sensor Interface Unit
Configure with up to three I/O and communication function modules—
Over 100 different modules to choose from
The SIU31 is a highly configurable Rugged COTS System or subsystem ideally suited for military, industrial, and commercial applications that require high-density I/O, communications, Ethernet switching, and processing. The SIU31 uses one NAI field-proven, 3U cPCI board to deliver off-the-shelf, SWaP-optimized COTS solutions that Accelerate Your-Time-to-Mission™.
- 1 x 3U cPCI slots – for installation of up to 3 I/O and communication function modules
- 100+ modules to choose from
- SBC-less, stand-alone operation supported via Ethernet connection to mission computer
- Processor options: NXP PowerPC™ QorIQ® P2041, Intel® Core™ i7, and ARM® Cortex®-A9
- MIL-STD-461F, MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275, & MIL-STD-704A
- +28 VDC input
- 4.71" W x 2.35" H x 8.71" D
- Customer-configurable I/O, communications, and processing
- Fast Boot capability
- Reduced SWaP-C
- Sense & Response System
- Wind River® Linux and VxWorks®, Xilinx® PetaLinux, and Windows® Embedded Standard 7 OS support
- COSA® architecture
- VICTORY Interface Services (contact factory)
- Continuous Background Built-In-Test (BIT)
- Operating temperature: -40° C to +71° C conduction-cooled (air-cooled option)
The SIU31 includes SSKs to support multiple operating systems. In addition, SSKs are supplied with source code and board-specific library I/O APIs to facilitate system integration.
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
High Density I/O Boards
Just How Configurable Are NAI's COTS Systems?
Need more or less configurations than the SIU31? Choose from NAI's standard COTS configurable systems that you can populate with pre-integrated boards, smart function modules, power supplies and software libraries of your choice.
(w x h x d)
Weight / lbs.
|Board Slots||Board Formats|
|NIU1A||6.8” x 1.5” x 2.5”||< 1.2||1||N/A||Integrated System|
|NIU2A||7.0” x 3.0” x 2.5”||< 2.75||2||N/A||Integrated System|
|NIU3A||7.23" x 5.51" x 3.18"||< 5.9||3||N/A||Integrated System|
|NIU3E||7.2" x 6.6" x 3.0"||< 6||1||N/A||Integrated System|
|SIU31||4.71” x 2.35” x 8.71”||< 5||3||1||cPCI|
|9.4” x 5.7” x 3.9”||< 11||6||2||OpenVPX|
|SIU33||4.71” x 4.78” x 8.71”||< 10||9||3||cPCI|
|SIU33V||4.71” x 4.78” x 8.71”||< 10||9||3||OpenVPX|
|SIU34||9.4” x 5.7” x 5.9”||< 16||12||4||OpenVPX|
|SIU35||7.13” x 4.76” x 8.71”||< 15||15||5||cPCI, OpenVPX|
|SIU36||7.13“ x 4.71“ x 8.91“||< 23||18||6||OpenVPX|
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center