4 Relay Channels, Non-latching
The RY1 module features 4 individual single-pole, user SPDT Form-C (changeover/break-before-make type) relays (channels). Each channel has a common input terminal (C), a normally closed output terminal (N/C), and a normally open (N/O) output terminal. The channel either energizes or de-energizes the relays (close or open) so that the signal provided on (C) may be switched/directed to either the (N/C) or (N/O) terminals.
The second set of pole contacts is used for the Background Built-in-Test (BIT) status. Interrupts can be enabled/configured for each channel to indicate if a BIT fault (state of secondary set of contacts does not match command) occurs. Internal debounce circuits for each channel provide the required time delay to eliminate false signals resulting from contact bounce commonly experienced with mechanical relays and switches.
RY1 Relay Non-Latching Module: The relays on this module remain de-energized or in the "reset" position until commanded to the "set" position. The contacts remain in the "set" position until commanded to the "reset" position. A board level reset is issued if power is removed from the board or the module.
- 4 independently controlled mechanical contact relay channels
- Non-Latching or Latching options (see type/code designator)
- Continuous Background Built-In-Test
- Each channel has Form-C, DPDT contacts; a second Form-C contact set is used for BIT
- Channels: 4 independent, isolated (from each other and system/power ground)
- Switching Voltage: 220 VDC 250 VAC max. (with resistive load)
- Switching Current: 2 A max.
- Switching Power: 60 W/62.5 VA max.
- Initial Contact Resistance: < 50 mΩ
- Contact Type/Material: Bifurcated / PdRu + Au covered
- Operate Time: 1 msec typical, 3 msec max.
- Release Time: 1 msec typical, 3 msec max.
- Bounce Time: 1 msec typical, 5 msec max.
- Initial Dielectric Strength: 1000 Vpk (between open and adjacent contacts) / 1800 Vpk (between contact and coil)
- Surge Withstand Voltage: 1500 Vpk (between open and adjacent contacts) / 2500 Vpk (between contact and coil)
- Capacitance: 2pf (max.) (between coil, adjacent, & open contacts)
- Mechanical Endurance: 1 x 10 operations/cycles (typ.)
- Power: 5 VDC @ 220 mA (estimated typical, all channels energized)
- Ground: Isolated signal/contacts
- Weight: 1.5 oz. (42 g)
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
Nano Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center