Nano Interface Unit - NIU1A
Configure with one I/O or communication function module—
Over 70 different modules to choose from
NAI’s NIU1A contains an integrated power supply, one function module slot, and an optional ARM® Cortex®-A9 processor. This small, low-power unit is ideally suited for rugged military, industrial, and commercial applications. It delivers off-the-shelf solutions that accelerate deployment of SWaP-optimized systems — in less time, with NO NRE.
The NIU1A includes BSP and SSK support for Wind River® Linux and VxWorks®, and for Xilinx® PetaLinux (w/optional ARM Processor). In addition, SSKs are supplied with source code and board-specific library I/O APIs to facilitate system integration.
- 1 intelligent function module
- 70+ modules to choose from
- COSA® architecture
- Optional ARM® Cortex®-A9 Dual Core 800MHz Processor: 512 MB DDR3L SDRAM, 4 GB SATA II NAND Flash (up to 32 GB option)
- 2x 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet ports or 1x 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet port and 1x USB port
- Wind River® Linux and VxWorks®, and Xilinx® PetaLinux OS support (w/optional ARM processor)
- 6.80" W x 1.70" H x 2.50" D
- 1.2 lb. (499 g)
- 28 VDC input; < 15 W power dissipation
- MIL-STD-461F, MIL-STD-810G, & MIL-STD-704A
- Continuous Background Built-In-Test (BIT)
- VICTORY Interface Services (contact factory)
- Operating temperature: -40° C to +71° C
The >NIU1A includes SSKs to support multiple operating systems. In addition, SSKs are supplied with source code and board-specific library I/O APIs to facilitate system integration.
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center