Managed Ethernet Switch with L2/L3 Layer Support and Fiber Optic option
Ethernet Switch module, ES2 provides up to 16 10/100/1000 Base-T 1 Gb ethernet ports. Additionally, there is one 10/100/1000 Base-T maintenance port interface, one RS-232 maintenance/console port interface, and a Fiber-Optic channel with four 10 Gb ports. It also provides numerous L2 and L3 networking, quality of service (QoS) and security features available as described below.
- L2 Features / Standard Management: Transparent bridging, VLAN aware bridging, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol, IGMP; snooping – MAC based, filtering, Proxy reporting with snooping, MLD snooping (MAC based only supported), Link Aggregation with LACP, 802.1x authentication (Port based), Link Layer Discovery Protocol - LLDP (v1, v2)), LLDP MED, Ethernet OAM – 802.3ah, Q-in-Q VLAN tunneling and Provider bridging, Non-blocking, Gig-E, fully integrated switch fabric with packet buffer memory, Integrated MACs (IEEE 802.x compliant) with support for 9600-byte jumbo frames, High-performance, look-up engine with support for unicast MAC address entries, Automatic learning and aging tags, IPv4 and IPv6 traffic class support (including ARP, ICMP, ND, UDP), Port segregating/partitioning options available (e.g., separate 8/8 ports for 2x independent networks) Management, SNMP (v1, v2c, v3) agent and MIB support; configuration save / restore, CLI (Console, Telnet, SSH), pre-defined CLI commands, WebUI (HTTP and HTTPS / SSL), pre-defined web pages (As is basis), Clear configuration (As is basis), Syslog – client (with reliable syslog delivery) and relay, email alerts with authentication support, TCP/IP stack for IPv4 and IPv6 (including ARP, ICMP, ND, UDP), DHCP (client, server, relay) for IPv4, Stateless DHCP service (Client) for IPv6 for specific options assignment, DHCPv6 relay with prefix delegation, RADIUS client, DNS client, TACACS+ client, SSH client, Telnet client (all clients with IPv4 and IPv6 support), RMONv1, IP authorized managers, Ethernet port control and management, Port mirroring
- L3 Features: IPv4 unicast - static routing, RIP v1/v2, OSPFv2, IPv4 multicast – IGMP (v1/v2/v3) router, PIM-SSM, IPv4 – NAT (Network Address Translation) – unicast, IPv6 unicast - static routing, Neighbor Discovery, RIPv6, OSPFv3IPv6 multicast – MLD (v1/v2), PIM-SSM, Route redistribution between IPv4 routing protocols and static routes, Route maps for filtering route advertisements and route redistribution – IPv4 and IPv6, Authentication support for OSPFv3, Support for multiple IPv4 addresses per interface - OSPFv2
- Number/Types of Channels: Up to 16; 10/100/1000 Base-T. Additionally: 1x 10/100/1000Base-T maintenance port interface, 1x RS-232 maintenance/console port interface, Fiber-Optic Channel, 4x 10 Gb (on-module high-speed header)
- Compatibility Standards: Broadcom® BCM53454x: IEEE 802.3ab (1000Base-T Gig-E), IEEE 802.3u (100Base-TX Fast Ethernet), IEEE 802.3i (10Base-T Ethernet), IEEE 802.3x (Flow control/full and half duplex)
- Quality of Service (QoS): ACLs (Access Control Lists) for traffic filtering, Redirect Filter Support in ACL, Out Filter Support in ACL, 802.1p, DiffServ, traffic prioritization queuing, policing, shaping, Rate limiting and storm control, Flow control.
- Security: IKE (v1, v2), IPSec, Stateful firewall, Denial-of-service (DoS) attack
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
Nano Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center