Managed Ethernet Switch with L2/L3 Layer Support and Fiber Optic option
Ethernet Switch module, ES2 provides up to 16 10/100/1000 Base-T 1 Gb ethernet ports. Additionally, there is one 10/100/1000 Base-T maintenance port interface, one RS-232 maintenance/console port interface, and a Fiber-Optic channel with four 10 Gb ports. It also provides numerous L2 and L3 networking, quality of service (QoS) and security features available as described below.
- 16x 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet (GbE) ports
- 4x Fiber Optic (10 Gb @ 850 nm)
- 1x GbE and 1x RS-232 for maintenance
- Quality of Service (QoS) and Security Features
- L2+ / L3 Management
- Transparent bridging
- VLAN aware bridging
- Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
- Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol
- Full auto-negotiation and auto-MDIX
- IEEE 802.3ab (1000Base-T Gig-E)
- IEEE 802.3u (100Base-TX Fast Ethernet)
- IEEE 802.3i (10Base-T Ethernet)
- IEEE 802.3x (Flow control/full and half-duplex)
- IEEE 802.3ae (10GBase-SR, 10 Gbit/s Ethernet over Fiber for LAN)
- Number/Types of Channels: Up to 16; 10/100/1000 Base-T. Additionally: 1x 10/100/1000Base-T maintenance port interface, 1x RS-232 maintenance/console port interface, Fiber-Optic Channel, 4x 10 Gb (on-module high-speed header)
- Compatibility Standards: Broadcom® BCM53454x: IEEE 802.3ab (1000Base-T Gig-E), IEEE 802.3u (100Base-TX Fast Ethernet), IEEE 802.3i (10Base-T Ethernet), IEEE 802.3x (Flow control/full and half duplex)
- Quality of Service (QoS): ACLs (Access Control Lists) for traffic filtering, Redirect Filter Support in ACL, Out Filter Support in ACL, 802.1p, DiffServ, traffic prioritization queuing, policing, shaping, Rate limiting and storm control, Flow control.
- Security: IKE (v1, v2), IPSec, Stateful firewall, Denial-of-service (DoS) attack
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest package density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Choose the ideal platform for your application below. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
Nano Interface Units
Sensor Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center