4 Channel D/A, High-Voltage/High-Current Half-Bridge (2 Channel Full-Bridge) External VCC Sourced Outputs
Digital-to-Analog (D/A) module DA5 provides 4 independent D/A output channels (half-bridge) utilizing a single external supplied power source with full-scale operating range of 0-65 VDC (V-control mode) and 0-2 A (I-control mode). Alternatively, two channels can be paired (full-bridge) to achieve a full-scale operating range of ±65 V and ±2 A from a single external supplied power source. Linearity/accuracy is ±0.25% FS range over temperature. The DA5 provides either voltage or current control loop modes, which are programmable for the application.
- Resolution (Half Bridge): 16-bits in voltage (V) and current (I) modes
- Resolution (Full Bridge): 16-bits, plus one sign bit, in voltage (V) and current (I) modes
- Output Format: Single-ended (half-bridge) or Differential (full-bridge)
- Output Range (V-Control): ±65V
- Output Range (I-Control): ±2A
- Output Impedance: < 1 Ω
- System Protection: Output is set to be disabled at reset or Power-On.
- Linearity Error: ±0.25% FS range over temperature (voltage-control mode; current-control mode TBD/characterized)
- Offset Error: ±500 mV / ±8mA
- Gain Error: ±1.75% FS range (voltage-control mode; current-control mode TBD/characterized)
- Settling Time: 450 μs typical (550 μs max) (voltage-control mode; current-control mode TBD/characterized)
- Data Buffer: 32K output buffer per channel
- Load: Can drive a capacitive load of 2 A/CH max. (Source in half bridge or Sink in full bridge). Short circuit protected. When current exceeds 2.2 A for any channel, for > I2T calculation, that channel disabled.
- Update Rate: 8.57 μs per channel
- ESD Protection: Designed to meet the testing requirements of IEC 801-2 Level 2. (4 kV transient with a peak current of 7.5 A and a time constant of approximately 60 ns).
- Power: 5 VDC @ ~0.8 A (External Source power/efficiency TBD/characterized)
- Ground: Each channel is isolated from system ground with isolation barrier of continuous 500VDC.
- Weight: ~2.1 oz. (60g)
|Parallel Channels (Paired Channel), Single External Source, 0-28 V @ 4 A (max.) Example|
|Full Bridge-Mode (Paired Channels), Single External Source, ±28 V @ ±2 A (max.) Example|
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest package density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Choose the ideal platform for your application below. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
Nano Interface Units
Sensor Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center