16 D/A Outputs (+10 VDC or +10 mA)
The DA2 module features 16 D/A output channels with a full scale range of ±10 VDC at ±10 mA (max). The DA2 module also offers external trigger/synchronization signal (RS422/485) capability, which provides/accepts a trigger signal to/from other module(s).
- The module includes extensive Background Built-in-Test (BIT). In addition to output signal read-back (wrap) capabilities, overloaded outputs are detected with automatic channel shut-down protection, and the results are displayed in a status word. The modules also include D/A FIFO buffering for greater control of the output voltage and signal data. Once enabled and triggered, the D/A FIFO buffer accepts, stores, and outputs the voltage (and/or current) commands for applications requiring simulation of waveform generation (single or periodic). The output data command word is formatted as a percentage of the Full Scale (FS) range selection, which allows maximum resolution and accuracy at lower voltage ranges.
- Resolution: 16-bit/channel for voltage command modes.
- Output Format: Single-ended
- Output Range: ±10 VDC, ±5 VDC, ±2.5 VDC, 0 to 10 VDC, 0 to 5 VDC; range programmable for each channel; 10 mA max per Ch.
- Output and Ground Impedance: < 1 Ω for each output
- System Protection: Output is set to open circuit at reset or Power-On.
- Linearity Error: ±0.10% FS range (FSR) over temperature
- Offset Error: ±3 mV
- Gain Error: ±0.10% FSR ± 0.02% x (maximum current in load (mA)), per channel. Example: The channel is expected to operate @ 2.5 mA maximum, therefore the effective gain error calculates to: (±0.10%) ± (0.02% x 2.5) = ±0.15% FSR
- Crosstalk Error (common return): ±0.063% / FSR (V) x (the cumulative maximum ∆ current in the other 15 channel loads (mA)). Example: Seven channels @ 2.5 mA, eight channels @ 5 mA, max., @ ±10 V range, so, the error calculates to: (±0.063 / 20) * (±57.5) = ±0.18% maximum (@ FSR of ±10 V, this specific example)
- Settling Time: 15 µs typ. (25 µs max.)
- Data Buffer: FIFO, 1 M x 16 channels elements deep. See Operations Manual for functional details.
- Load: Can drive a capacitive load of 0.1 µF, 10 mA/Ch max. (Source or Sink). Short circuit protected. When current exceeds 10 mA for I2T calculation, Time = TBD, that channel is set to open circuit and a flag is set.
- Update Rate: 40 µs (25 kHz max.) per channel.
- External Sync (pending): Module is provided with RS-485/422 transceiver for external channel output triggering and/or synchronization capabilities. (provides or accepts trigger signal from other module(s))
- ESD Protection: Designed to meet the testing requirements of IEC 801-2 Level 2. (4 kV transient with a peak current of 7.5 A and a time constant of approximately 60 ns).
- Power: 5 VDC @ 350 mA typical (est.); ±12 VDC @ 100 mA (est. quiescent). Add 1 mA per 1 mA load per channel ±12 VDC power supplies.
- Ground: All channel returns (Ch-Lo (-)) are common, but are isolated (250 Vpeak) from system ground.
- Weight: 1.5 oz. (42 g)
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest package density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Choose the ideal platform for your application below. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Single Board Computers
Nano Interface Units
Sensor Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center