3U OpenVPX SOSA™-aligned PWM Servo Motor Drive
The 68PW1 is a 3U OpenVPX SOSA™-aligned (basis, Snapshot 2) single-axis PWM servo motor drive that can be configured with closed loop feedback measurement options including Hall, Resolver/Synchro or Encoder. The PWM drive provides programmable PWM output drive (up to 65 V @ 10 A continuous) from a single +28 VDC input source. Ideally suited for rugged Mil-Aero applications, the 68PW1 delivers off-the-shelf solutions that accelerate deployment of SWaP-optimized systems in air, land and sea applications.
- 3U OpenVPX (ANSI/VITA 65) / SOSA Profiles Supported (P2/P3 exception): MOD3-PAY-2U2U-16.2.16-1, SLT3-PAY-2U2U-14.2.17, Data plane: 1 x1 PCIe (default) Control plane: 1x 1000Base-KX, P1 VPX TE MULTIGIG RT 3 per SOSA
- PWM/Drive: Motor types supported - 2-phase brushed 3-phase brushless (BLDC), 28 Vin (nominal) drive power, MIL-STD-704F (18-36 VDC) 24V to 65V programmable PWM output drive, 10 A maximum (to 650 W max.), Discrete drive-enable control pins, P2/P3 TE high-current blade connectors
- Ancillary I/O: 4x ±10V A/D, 12-bit min. (16-bit avail.), 4x ±10V D/A, 12-bit min. (16-bit avail.), 1x RS-422/485 SDLC control option, 1x RS-232 (console/debug, front I/O), 1x GbE (10/100/1000BASE-T), (control or maintenance, front I/O)
- Feedback/Control Options: Hall, Resolver/Synchro + AC Reference, Encoder
- IPMC Support: VITA 46.11 Tier-2, basic, compatible (configured option)
- Power Input: +12V, ±12V AUX, +3.3V AUX, ~10 W power dissipation (est./typ.), ~96% efficient PWM Drive
- Operating Systems (host supported): Xilinx PetaLinux, Wind River® VxWorks®, DDC-I Deos™
- Background Built-In-Test Continuous BIT (as applicable)
- Modular & Programmable Architecture
- Intelligent I/O library support (included)
- Commercial or Rugged Applications
- Operating Temperature: Rugged: -40º C to 85º C
- Mechanical (ANSI/VITA 48): Conduction-cooled; 3U, 1.0" pitch, Weight: ~1.95 lbs.
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center