6U OpenVPX Multifunction I/O Board
Six I/O and communication function module slots—
Over 70 different modules to choose from
NAI’s 67C3 is a 6U OpenVPX Multifunction I/O and Communication Board with six function module slots that can be configured with a variety of I/O and communication functions. Additional enhancements include FIFO data buffering for select modules. Using multiple DSPs, the enhanced motherboard enables higher processing power and dedicated pre-processing control for each module.
By eliminating the need for multiple, specialized, single-function boards, this unique design increases packaging density, saves enclosure slots, and reduces power consumption. The 67C3, a low-power/high-performance board, is ideally suited for rugged defense, commercial aerospace, and industrial applications.
In a VPX chassis, the 67C3 acquires sensor measurement data and controls simulation signals, and makes this information available to an external host processor via Gigabit Ethernet (Gig-E) or PCIe. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be quickly and easily combined in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
- Support for three independent, intelligent function modules
- A variety of I/O and communication modules to choose from
- VPX / OpenVPX (ANSI / VITA 46 & VITA 65) Slot Profile: SLT3-PER-1U-1F2U-14.3.3
- Control via Gig-E, or PCIe interface
- FIFO data buffering for A/D, D/A, S/D, and LVDT functions
- Connections via front panel, rear panel, or both
- Background Built-In-Test (BIT) (module dependent)
- Software Support Kits (SSKs) and drivers available
- VICTORY Interface Services (contact factory.)
- Commercial and rugged models
- Designed to meet ANSI / VITA 47 environmental requirements
- Operating temperature: 0° C to 70° C commercial, -40° C to +85° C rugged
The 67C3 includes SSKs to support multiple operating systems. In addition, SSKs are supplied with source code and board-specific library I/O APIs to facilitate system integration.
Accelerate Your Time-to-Mission™ With COSA®
NAI’s Configurable Open Systems Architecture™ (COSA®) offers a choice of over 70 smart I/O, communication, and Ethernet switch functions, providing the highest packaging density and greatest flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. Preexisting, fully-tested functions can be combined quickly and easily in an unlimited number of ways. Each I/O function has dedicated processing, unburdening the system Single Board Computer (SBC) from unnecessary data management overhead.
Related COSA® Products
Sensor Interface Units
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
North Atlantic's resource center is where you will find information on warranty and repairs, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.Visit Resource Center